Lead Removal Whole House Water Purification System. Lead (Pb) is a soft metal that is used in a large amount of commercial applications. Lead can easily leach into drinking water. Unfortunately, as late as 1986 it was used everywhere to deliver drinking water, like lead pipes, fixtures and solder. Once dissolved in water, lead is odorless, tasteless and colorless and is very hard to detect in water.
In order to select the right whole home lead removal system, you need to consider maximum / peak flow that system should be designed for.
In 2015 , at least 17.6 mln. people in US were served water that had at least 1 violation of EPA lead guidelines.
3 Stage Filtration Process:
- First stage, 20″ sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. Also extends the life of water softeners and water filters, and prevents damage to control valves.
- Second stage, Lead removing multi-media mix – GAC, Eagle Redox and Ion exchange mineral tank that contains Lead Selective media (dual tank for 12-18 GPM systems)
- Third stage 20″ solid carbon cartridge for removing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
Key Features and Benefits:
- 3 Stage Filtration Process
- Poly Glass™ mineral tank (fiberglass) with 10 year manufacturer warranty.
- Fleck 5600 automatic backwash controller with LED display and 5 year manufacturer warranty
- Easy to replace, high capacity ion exchange resin media
- Self-backwashing system,
- Media is automatically regenerated with salt (sodium or potassium for salt-free operation) providing years of hassle-free operation.
|Maximum Flow:||750,000 gallon system: 6-8 gpm or 8-10 gpm, 1 mln. gallon system: dual tank, 12-18 gpm|
|Controller:||Fleck 5600SXT Automatic Backwash Control Valve with LED display.|
|Tank:||White fiberglass tank , available in all Stainless Steel (+$500, inquire).|
|Bypass Valve:||3/4″ or 1″ Stainless Steel|
Riser style 1″ internal flow distributor.
20″ x 50″ (Diameter x Height) Brine water mineral exchange tank.
|Media Life:||10+ years.|
|Filters Life:||Sediment pre- and carbon block post filter is recommended to be replaced every 3-6 months|