Whole House Granular Activated Carbon Water Filter is an excellent entry level home system. System comes in a variety of sizes for small, medium and larger homes. Great for home, office or light commercial use. Automatically back-washing , it will clean itself on specified intervals set on the electronic controller to keep it in top performing condition.
About GAC Home Water Filter
This unit is installed where main line enters your house, and provides Clean Drinking Water everywhere in your home. Main filtration media is Coconut Shell Granular Activated Carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM’s, benzine), pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), PCB’s, MTBE’s and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water, bad taste, and odors from your drinking water. When water passes through it the impurities, bad tastes and odors will be absorbed by the media leaving only great tasting water.
- The system connects to the main line of your home
- Automatically back washes on specified intervals
- Comes with assembly instructions
- Media in the tank can be replaced
- Shipped NOT FULLY ASSEMBLED, with tank and filtration media separately.*
- Simple set up, just IN, OUT and Drain lines
- Maximum Flow Rates: 1 cu.ft – 7-9 GPM, 1.5 cu.ft. 8-10 GPM, 2 cu.ft 9-11 GPM, 2.5 cu.ft. 10-12 GPM, 3 cu.ft. 12-14 GPM (gallons per minute)
- Easy to replace media approximately every 3-7 years depending on system size and usage
- Requires only periodic backwash to keep unit in top condition (typically once or twice a month).
- 1 and 1.5 cu.ft available in 3/4″ and 1″ NPT (input/output water line diameter) . 2, 2.5 and 3 cu.ft tanks with 1″ connectors.
- Low voltage transformer, will produce filtered water even with power off.
- Pressure should be 40-60 psi, install pressure reducing valve if much higher.
Self back-washing Solid state Automatic microprocessor with LED display. Fleck Electronics control valve system that automatically removes the trapped contaminants within the filter bed and washes them down the drain. 1/4″ water line connector to drain (water line is not included).
Provided with 1 and 1.5 cubic ft. tanks.
GAC Carbon Whole House Water Filter