Whole House Acid Neutralizer Filter contain a mix naturally occurring, crushed and screened white marble, calcium carbonate media. It is used to neutralize acidic or low pH waters to a neutral, less corrosive effluent.
Acidic water can leach unhealthy levels of copper from pipes and cause greenish-blue stains on fixtures.
It can cause many other corrosion problems as well and drastically shorten the life of all water using equipment, including dishwashers, washing machines, hot water heaters as well as fixtures.
When acid pH water (below 6.8) is passed through the filter, calcium carbonate is slowly dissolved into the water, increasing the pH to a neutral level.
The media slowly dissolves over time and will need to be re-filled about every 2-3 years, depending on the amount of water you use, and the pH of your raw water entering the unit.
Whole House Acid Neutralizer Filter Features
- Poly Glass™mineral tank , sizes 10″x54″ or 12″x52″
- Maximum free chlorine 1 PPM
- Maximum Flow Rate 11.0 GPM per cubic foot of media
- Replace Media after: 1.5 cu.ft – 2-3 years, 2 cu.ft – 3-4 years
- Media type: combination of calcite and corosex
- Line: 1″ , Call or email us if you’d like 3/4″
Acid Neutralizing Whole House Filter System is an excellent solution for acidic water that will balance pH and increase water alkalinity whether for Well or municipally treated water.
Alternative SKU: CQE-WH-08001, CQE-WH-08002
Whole House Acid Neutralizer pH Balancer