WECO Countertop Water Purification System is a great choice for students, renters, travelers, apartments, condos, motor homes, and retirement homes. The WECO reverse osmosis system uses separate individual stages of water filtration to create pure, refreshing drinking water. The process starts by pre-filtering the water through a sediment filter. Prefiltration removes tiny particles that can get into the water supply. These include iron oxide (rust), silt, sand grains and insect parts. This filtering stage protects your family from drinking sediment and prevents the filtration system from clogging. For the 2nd stage, a granular activated carbon filter cartridge filters chlorine taste and odor. Next, water flows through an activated carbon block cartridge. This compressed activated carbon block filter removes taste and odor-causing chemicals like chlorine, chloramine and rotten-egg (hydrogen sulfide) and musty odors. The chlorine disinfection process is known to create cancer-causing byproducts in the water. These carcinogens, called THMs, are removed by the activated carbon block filter. The carbon cartridge also removes organic contaminants like herbicides, insecticides and industrial chemicals that seep into groundwater. But that’s not all. The next filtration stage involves the reverse osmosis (RO) process. Tap water is “squeezed” through a special Thin Film Composite (TFC) semi-permeable membrane. Heavy metals, like lead, cadmium and mercury, are removed while purified water passes through. The RO process also removes salts, nitrate, fluoride, radon and benzene. For the final stage of purification the water flows through a granular activated carbon (GAC) in-line post filter. This acts as a polishing filter, removing any traces of tastes, odors or gasses, for crystal clear, sparkling drinking water.
- Great choice for students, renters, travelers, apartments, condos, motor homes, and retirement homes.
- LED touch panel with micro computer control. Features include auto leak detection and shutoff, 24 hour water quality monitoring, filter replacement notifications, auto flush RO membrane and more.
- Powerful, safe and effective water filtration using reverse osmosis technology – 75 gallons per day. Better purification than ultrafiltration and/or nanofiltration. Removes chlorine, lead, chromium, iron, mercury, fluoride and other toxins.
- Lightweight & easy setup with quick change filters, no tools required!
- Membrane auto-flush for extended filter life. 2 gallon internal water storage tank. Retractable faucet.