Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer System 6-12 GPM , designed to remove microorganisms that can range from bacteria and viruses to algae and protozoa. It’s advanced UV treatment is capable of disinfecting water faster than chlorine without the use of retention tanks and harmful chemicals to your drinking water. The UV lamp emits powerful ultraviolet light and incorporates natural ultraviolet light energy to eradicate microbiological contamination. Water enters through the bottom part of the reactor chamber and swirls around a high output, low pressure mercury vapor lamp thermally protected by a quartz sleeve. Energy components contained in microorganisms absorb the light energy; this disrupts the DNA and prevents reproduction.
Great to be used as stand-alone bacteria and biological pathogen removal system, as well as part of Whole House Systems for biologically unsafe water (private wells), and for commercial purposes such as pools, restaurants, spas, and any other locations where commercial water disinfection is desired.
Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer System Key Features and Benefits:
- No chemicals added and no byproducts to the water supply(i.e. chlorine + organics = trihalomethanes).
- Environmentally and user friendly, no dangerous chemicals to store, no risks of overdosing.
- No change in taste, odor, pH or conductivity or the general chemistry of the water.
- Extremely economical, hundreds of gallons may be treated for each penny of operating cost.
- Immediate treatment process, no need for holding tanks, long retention times, etc.
- Automatic operation without special attention or measurement, operator friendly.
- Simplicity and ease of maintenance and annual lamp replacement, no moving parts to wear out.
- No handling of toxic chemicals, no need for specialized storage requirements.
- Low initial capital cost as well as reduced operating expenses when compared with similar technologies such as ozone, chlorine, etc.
|Model||SKU||Manufacturer ID||Inlet/Outlet Port Size||Flow Rate (gpm)
gallons per minute
|6 GPM||CQ-UV-6||CQE-UV-00102||1/2″ MNPT||6.0||3″x21″|
|8 GPM||CQ-UV-8||CQE-UV-00103||1/2″ MNPT||8.0||3″x40″|
|12 GPM||CQ-UV-12||CQE-UV-00104||1″ MNPT||12.0||3″x40″|
|Max Operating Pressure(psi):||125 psi (8.6 bar)|
|Lamp Life(hours):||9000 hrs (approx. 1 year of use)|
|Audible Lamp Failure:||Yes|
|LED “power-on” indicator:||Yes|
|Maximum Flow, GPM (gallons per minute):||6 GPM, 8 GPM or 12 GPM|
– Applications include post under sink water filters, post whole house water filters, water coolers, pre and post osmosis systems, private wells, camp grounds, hotels, bottlers, aquaculture, hospitals, food, cottages, restaurants, breweries, laboratories, marine, pharmaceutical, dairies and many other applications.
– Units are manufactured standard with 110v electrical outlet but are also available in 220v if requested.
– Manufactured from FDA-compliant materials.