Whole House Nitrate Water Filter is engineered for maximum filtration and maximum performance with minimum maintenance. The system uses specially designed nitrate-selective ion exchange resin to remove nitrates from drinking water.
Nitrate ( NO3 ) comes into water supply through a nitrogen cycle. It is one of the major ions found in water. Most nitrates in drinking water are a result of runoff from fertilizer use, leaching from septic tanks and natural deposits. US EPA MCL level for nitrate is 10 mg/L (ppm).
Water Purification Stages
Water travels through 3 stages of filtration
- First, water travels through a 20″ sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. Also this extends the life of water softeners, water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Next, water travels through a 1.5 or 2.0 cubic foot media tank with an Automatic Microprocessor Control valve(The longer time that the water is in contact with the media, the more effective is the conditioning and filtering
- Finally, water travels through a 20″ solid carbon cartridge for a final conditioning of the water and removing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
Nitrate Water Filter Regeneration and Preconditioning
Sodium chloride is generally preferred for regeneration for reasons of cost and efficiency. When available sea water can be used quite effectively. The use of softened water for make up of regenerant and rinse is often recommended to avoid the precipitation of calcium carbonate in and around the nitrate selective resin (or any other resin used in this application). Although the precipitation is not particularly detrimental in the short term, the long term effects may include increased resin attrition and leakage of nitrates.
CQ-N250 nitrate selective media is processed to insure that it meets the requirements for use in the treatment of potable water. On installation it is recommended that the resin be regenerated with two bed volumes of 6% NaCl followed by a rinse of four bed volumes of potable water, prior to use.
Nitrate Water Filter Specifications
Poly Glass mineral Tank: burst-proof construction filled with Nitrate reducing media.
Brine exchange mineral tank.
Electronic Backwash / Regeneration Controller with LED display, Fleck 5600.
Maximum flow rate: 11.0 gallons per minute.
1″ IN/OUT , inquire for 3/4″ line or enter a note during checkout.
This is a self-backwashing Microprocessor controlled system that automatically removes trapped contaminants within the filter bed and washes them down the drain.
- 1 year Manufacturer Warranty for the system
- 10 year Warranty on resin tank and brine tank assembly
- 5 year Warranty on all Computer Monitored control valves.
Filtration Media Life (in the tank, before media replacement): 1.5 cu.ft – 5-7 years, 2 cu.ft – 7-8 years
Filters Life, sediment pre-filter and carbon post-filter: 6-9 months
Mfg#: CQE-WH-01131 , CQEWH01131 , CQE-WH-01132, CQEWH01132
Large Nitrate Whole House Water Filter