Nitrates(NO3) are commonly used as fertilizer for agricultural industries. It comes into water supplies through the nitrogen cycle rather than via dissolved minerals. It is one of the major ions in natural waters. Most nitrate that occurs in drinking water is the result of contamination of ground water supplies by septic systems, feed lots, and agricultural fertilizers. Infants below six months who drink water containing nitrate in excess of the MCL or maximum contaminant level (US EPA’s MCL for nitrate is 10 mg/l) will experience a reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood(cyanosis) and could become seriously ill and, if untreated, may die. This could also cause a disease called methemoglobinemia, or “blue baby” syndrome with other symptoms including shortness of breath.
Crystal Quest Nitrate Removal Filter Dual Key Features and Benefits:
- 7 stage filtration.
- Sole Nitrate removal cartridge.
- Combined with Coconut Shell Carbon(GAC) and KDF media for cancer linked chemicals and heavy metals.
- Effectively reduces nitrate and many contaminants from water.
- It installs in minutes without tools on all standard faucets.
- Diverter valve allows easy switch between filtered and unfiltered water.
- Sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet.
|Dimensions(LxHxW):||10″L x 13″H x 5″W|
|Fluoride Filtration Capacity:||5500 ppm of nitrates as CaCO3.|
|Operating Temperature(°F):||40°F – 90°F|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||20 psi – 60 psi|
|Design Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.3-0.5 gpm|
|Micron Rating:||5 nominal|
|Filter Life(months):||12-36 months (approx, will vary upon usage)|
|Line size:||3 ft|