Arsenic(As) is a semi-metal element that has no taste, odor, or color, and is not easily dissolved. It occurs naturally in the environment, as a by-product of mining, or agricultural areas when materials containing arsenic are used as industrial poisons. It enters drinking water supplies from natural deposits in the earth or from agricultural and industrial practices. Arsenic is considered highly toxic and a carcinogen. According to the EPA, people who drink water containing arsenic well in excess of the MCL for many years could experience skin damage or problems with their circulatory system, and may have an increased risk of getting cancer from drinking water.(The current MCL for arsenic, as per EPA, is 0.010 mg/l or 10ppb as of 01/23/06.)
Crystal Quest Arsenic Removal Counter Top Filter Dual Key Features and Benefits:
- 7 stage filtration.
- Single cartridge solely for arsenic removal.
- Combined with Coconut Shell Carbon(GAC) and KDF media for cancer linked chemicals and heavy metals.
- Effectively removes Arsenic and many contaminants from water.
- It installs in minutes without tools on all standard faucets.
- Diverter valve allows easy switch between filtered and unfiltered water.
- Sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet.
Crystal Quest Arsenic Removal Counter Top Filter Dual Specifications
|Dimensions(LxHxW):||10″L x 13″H x 5″W|
|Arsenic Filtration Capacity:||1000 gal(depends on the arsenic type & ppb of influent water.)|
|Operating Temperature(°F):||40°F – 90°F|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||20 psi – 60 psi|
|Design Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.3-0.5 gpm|
|Micron Rating:||5 nominal|
|Filter Life(months):||12 months|
|Line size:||3 ft|