Commercial / Industrial Demineralizer and Deionizer ( DI ) Water Systems are designed for industrial applications and water with high mineral content. They produce Deionzed water that has mineral ions removed. Examples of the minerals that can be removed are sodium, calcium, iron, copper, chloride and several others.
Deionized Water is produced by exposing influent water to an electrically charged deionized resin media bed that attracts / binds minerals and salts, removing them from water. Because a lot of the ionized minerals are removed, deionized water is very pure. However it is not recommended for drinking purposes, as water will try to balance itself, and mineral salts are essential nutrients.
DI Tank is designed to bring water from already low TDS levels, for instance, as a post Revere Osmosis processing (this is in order to get Lab Water levels). If your influent water is not, consider Reverse Osmosis or a Water Softening System in front. Can also be used for batch processing of small amounts of water at a time.
DI Water System Applications
DI Water Applications are mostly scientific and industrial. Deionized Water is commonly used in the following industries:
- lead-acid batteries
- additives in pharmaceutical and cosmetics products
- manufacturing of electronic semiconductors and medical devices
- commercial dry cleaners
- car washes
- laboratory instruments , including washing and to produce Type I , Type II or Type III Water
- Available in 4 to 40 cu.ft. for most major commercial or industrial applications
- Comes with standard Fleck Backwash electronic control valve
- Heavy duty structural tanks – Poly Glass mineral tank
- All brass, motor driven control valve with fully adjustable regeneration cycles (on units with electronic control valve)
- Self adjusting backwash control (on units with electronic control valve)
- DI Tank with de-ionizing media
- Optional skid mounting
Available water flow is between 22 GPM and 280 GPM (gallons per minute).
5 year Warranty on all Fleck control valves.
10 year Warranty on media tank.
All units can be assembled with or without automatic backwash valve. Contact us for price information on manually back-washing units.
These units are heavy! Actual shipping charges will be added to your order after unit is assembled. A very rough estimate (we express no guarantees if this price is accurate on the date of order!) of shipping charges would be between $180 and $500 (continental US), and can vary greatly based on model, your zip code, location, availability of lift gate, fork lift, and gas prices. LTL Freight shipping out of Atlanta, Georgia.
Commercial Industrial Demineralizer DI Water System