- First stage, water flows through a 20″ sediment filter cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. Also extends the life of water softeners and water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Second stage, water travels through a 1.5 or 2.0 cubic foot media tank with an Automatic Microprocessor Control valve (The longer amount of time that the water is in contact with the media, the more effective is the conditioning and filtering of the water.)
System uses naturally occurring Calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of calcium carbonate is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not over-correct under normal conditions. Upon contact with CQ-Ca, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH, which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems. Periodic backwash will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the media bed will have to be periodically replenished as CQ-Ca is depleted. As calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
- Third stage water flows through a 20″ solid carbon cartridge for removing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents).*
- Fiberglass or Stainless Steel mineral tank with 10 years manufacturer warranty
- Electronic Backwash Control Valve with LED display, Pentair Fleck 5600, with 5 year warranty
- IN/OUT: 1″ Stainless Steel Bypass Valve (available in 3/4″ , please inquire)
- Certified component
- Use on cold water only!
- Maximum free chlorine 1 PPM
- Maximum Flow Rate 11.0 GPM/cu.ft
- Sediment filter cartridge and Solid carbon cartridge life: 6-8 months
- Replace Media after: 1.5 cu.ft – 2-4 years, 2 cu.ft – 3-6 years , depending on pH level and water usage.
Mfg#: 1.5 cu.ft – CQE-WH-01243 , CQEWH01243 , 2 cu.ft – CQE-WH-01244 , CQEWH01244